Friday, November 28, 2008

Badzome falls






Badzome falls are the highlight of my trip to Ghana, so far. The view walking up tothem took my breath away. They are set really deep into an enclave. They are "secret" falls, there not in any guide books and there are no signs to them. I only know about them from another traveler who was taken there by a cab driver. I have not felt so peaceful as at these falls. The hike was hard and hot, the cool water of the falls never felt so good. There was a vine were I could swing into the deep pool at the base of the falls. I felt like a kid I had to do it so many times. Everyone was ready to go well before I was. There was a deep set cave behind the falls which is not able to be clearly seen from these photographs. The two guys that took us there were very nice and down to earth. Everyone in Ghana is nice to Obruni (whitemen), but I got the feeling these were some good people. When looking out from the falls you see African jungle as you might imagine it, with wild vines hanging over the sides and lush vegetation. Looking up while swimming in the pool the jungle crowds out the sky except for a small hole. The beach was small pebbles just the right size to walk barefoot on. Little fish nibble at your toes in the water. The whole experience was first rate.

No comments: