Thursday, October 9, 2008

Surgery

I did surgery today! There was a woman with a lipoma (an abnormal cluster of fat) on her left shoulder. I made the incision, removed the lipoma, stopped the bleeding and closed her up. I do not think it has all set in yet. Ghana was definitely the right choice as far as work is concerned. I went at 7 today and left at 5. I arrive before every doctor but the head surgeon, I think that goes a long way. I observed another amputation, goitre removal, c-section, skin cancer removal, etc. I wanted to stay in the surgery ward the whole time but I do believe I will have to work in the maternity ward for a while. Every birth I see is so profoundly amazing. Work is awesome.
I have never been so proud to be an American and loved my country so much. There are so many liberal anti-American European volunteers here. The news from Europe on the tv here actually talks of America being charged for war crimes in Iraq. How easily they forget, like a bunch of whiney children. Europe would be speaking either German or Russian from either WW. Asia would be controlled by the Japanese (they had beaten China, Korea, Vietnam...all but India). If not them, communism would engulf the whole of Asia. We lost more men in WW II then their countries did. They forget that America absolutely has run to the defense of many countries in defense of their freedoms. They say but America is so big..... Were not even close to the biggest. America has so many people....China OR India has almost 7 times as many people. Maybe America is just a wonderful country founded by the down trodden, intelligent, hard working, ingenious peasants of Europe. Maybe America works hard and protects the whole world. I was always the one arguing against America's superiority until I met these Europeans insulting it. We have a wonderful and noble history that each should be proud of!!

1 comment:

cubilete said...

thats crazy that you are getting all this hands on surgery they let and white kid that comes over there pick up a scalpel no i am just joking thats great bro i am proud that one of my brothers is doing some good for man kind (as gay as that sounds) but seriously and the thing about the girl that sad, i mean does she have any free time does she get sat of or some thing and whats up with the trash they even throw it in there own front yard is the house you are staying at just covered in TRASH! can you not go swimming? thats really sucks no beach, and everybody always wants to talk crap about America but the truth is we SAVE THE WORLD well i am sure you are learning a vast amount of stuff and what happened to the kid with the rupture did he start to bleed internally was he ok even though the doc just sewed him up crazy, and you said you go to the city is it dangerous are there gangs and stuff i would love it if you sent me some pics to my e-mail that way i could have some visual imagery well got to go. and from all your fat Macdonald loving American thanks Dr Jones